The following people have been nominated for open positions on the MNW HOA Board.
- Lance Brown
- Craig Chaszar
- David Ford
- Mike Siegel
- Michelle Eubank (incumbent)
- Erin Berger
- Jamie DeLoatche (incumbent)
- Area 1 Director
- Art Byram (incumbent)
- Area 3 Director
- Gerome D’Anna (incumbent)
- Area 5 Director
- Bryan Thomas (incumbent)
- Cylette Allbritton
- Area 7 Director
- Jay Jackson
3rd Vice President
Lance Brown, Vice President, Product & Technology for UpSnap.com, currently oversees and manages product strategy, innovation, performance and the technology infrastructure for UpSnap, Inc. Lance has more than 20 years of product strategy, project management, and team management experience. He has a Bachelor’s degree from Colorado State University and a Masters degree in Internet Marketing and Strategy. He enjoys woodworking, landscape design, and building outdoor structures. Most recently Lance & Jamie completed their backyard pool to enhance the outdoor kitchen that he created last year. Lance is married to Jamie Brown (Strimple) and has four kids – Kelby Brooks, Emma Brown, Paxton Strimple and Hadley Strimple. In his free time, if he ever gets any, he likes to ride mountain bikes, play golf, travel and clean the garage. Lance is originally from Colorado, moved to Houston eight years ago and joined the MNW community two years ago.
My wife, Carolyn and I have called MNW home for 35 years. We raised 3 children here. She is a retired Special Education Teacher. I am a retired (BSME) mechanical engineer having worked in various Sales, Marketing and Engineering positions for local major oil & gas companies. As former Rolls-Royce employee, I was a member of the British Consul General’s Energy Advisory Committee.
I previously served on the MNW HOA Board for 18 years, in the following positions:
- Board President from 2005 to 2011. I oversaw the integration of the private MNW Swim and Racquet Club into the new ownership of MNW. I commissioned a committee to develop the original master plan for new facilities.
- Area Director from 1994 to 2005 with service on the ACC Committee.
- Director of Spring-Cypress Landfill Coalition from 1995 to 1998. As a founding director, representing MNW HOA, I was instrumental in forming a coalition of subdivisions, business and politicians to prevent a 90 foot high landfill and garbage transfer station from being permitted near the corner of Stuebner-Airline and Spring Cypress. In a landmark decision, the Texas Railroad Commission agreed with our argument that it was an inappropriate use of the land and denied the permit.
I was Assistant Scoutmaster in local BSA Troop 1550. Carolyn and I are currently volunteer Access Team members at the Hobby Center where we help patrons with various disabilities to get in and out of the theater.
I care very much about this community and would like to help the HOA Board in building our new facilities. I would appreciate your vote.
David B. Frank
David B. Frank, with over 25 years associated with the financial service industry, David and his partner and wife Kate serve their clients along with their team of advisors at Innovative Premier Financial Services, LLC (“IPFS”) accomplishing this through education and creating long lasting relationships. IPFS is currently the General Agency (“GA”) for Ameritas Life serving the greater Houston, Harris Co. area. Prior to Creating IPFS, David served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, central to the leadership team at Wealth Development Strategies L.P. David’s has also held the Position of EVP at HomeCom Communications a publicly held NASDQ listed company and President of the Brokerage services its wholly owned broker dealer. Over the prior 20 years, David has served in many additional diverse executive roles in both the public and private sectors of the financial services industry. He has dedicated his career to the education, development, implementation and promotion of financial programs that provide thoughtful, educated and diverse products, strategies, designs and analysis for his client’s and advisors. His professional history includes producing a financial talk radio show called “All Things Financial,” numerous public speaking engagements and managing wholly-owned, full service and independent insurance agencies, property and casualty agencies and FINRA broker-dealers.
To further his professional development, David has historically acquired insurance licenses in all 50 states, FINRA securities licenses 7, 24, 63 and 65, and P&C-LRA professional designations.
Some of his accomplishments in the financial services industry include:
- Participation in MDRT, Governor Councils, Platinum Producers, President Clubs and Advisory Councils and Advanced Market committees for several Insurance Carriers
- Numerous LIMRA achievement awards
- Top producing independent agent, financial and estate planner, investment and insurance professional
- Proficient in complex case design, solution planning and diverse investment and insurance strategies
- Dynamic management career creating, building, developing and leading top-performing sales organizations, marketing, multi-state insurance, FINRA (formerly NASD) broker dealers & bank marketing organizations
- Directed strategic business planning for over 200 financial institutions including the creation of investment centers, marketing, training and incentive programs growing annuity sales to over $300 million annually
- Designed and launched an Internet-driven, global technology platform that successfully monitors, evaluates and manages the effective distribution of life insurance and annuity products including quote aggregation, policy field issue and delivery (InsureRateÔ and the Annuity Writer System)
- Consulted and created Insurance Annuity products for Insurance Carriers as well as developed the national marketing and distribution strategies and programs
David graduated from Boston University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing. In addition, he has done numerous hours of advanced/post graduate education, including CFP® certification courses and is currently working on his MSFS along with 5 professional designations.
He lives with his wife Kate and their 4 children, Zackary 20, Abby 18, Regan 11, & Cooper 6. His hobbies include multiple Ironman triathlete, competitive triathlons and bicycle races. As a sport enthusiast, David played ice hockey for most of his life, he has coached youth sports for over 30 years and has spent over 33 years as a certified youth hockey official and instructor at the high-school and NCAA college level, none of which hold a candle to coaching and cheering on his kids in their respective sports and activities. David also sits as a director on several boards and consults several charitable and business start-up organizations.
B.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin M.B.A. from the University of Houston
- President and Founder of Nodus Solutions. Web development and Social Media Marketing company: 2003 to present
- Sirius Solutions: 2001 – 2003
- Enerva: 1999 – 2001
- Compaq Computer Company: 1994 – 1999
- Exxon USA: 1989 – 1994
- Accenture: 1987 – 1989
We have lived in MNW since 1990. My wife, Hellena, and I have three children: Laura, Adrian, Nicole. Hellena and I have been married 31 years with 28 of them spent in MNW.
- NBDA (National Business Development Association – nbda.co): I am the President of the National Board of NBDA and am a founding member of the organization. I have been on the board since its inception in 2013.
- Greater Houston Partnership (Houston.org): Over the past eighteen years I have been associated with GHP in various capacities: Vice Chair Ally Committee (New Member Onboarding committee) (1 year), Chair Ally Committee (2 years), Vice Chair Ambassador Committee (1 year), Chair Ambassador Committee (1 year), Team Captain Welcoming Committee (4 years)
- AICS (American Institute of Catalan Studies – aicsusa.org): I have been on the board of directors of AICS since 1994. I currently hold the position of Treasurer and have for five years.
Michelle Eubank (incumbent)
Michelle holds a Bachelor of Science in Journalism from Texas A&M University in College Station, TX. Before becoming a stay-at-home mom in 2008, she worked for ten years as a Regulatory Analyst in the Oil and Gas Industry. For 12 years, she volunteered as an active member of The Junior League of Houston, Inc., where she served in various positions, including Nominating Committee Secretary, Group Meetings Coordinator, Communications Membership Manager, and Charity Ball Program Chairman. For the past four years, she has served on the MNW Marlins Swim Team Board as its Volunteer Coordinator. Additionally, she served on Theiss Elementary School’s PTO Board as First Vice President in 2017 – 2018, and will serve as President for the 2018 – 2019 school year. Michelle was appointed to the MNW HOA Board in early 2016, where she currently serves as Secretary. She also serves as Pool Committee Co-Chairman. Michelle is a native Texan and grew up in nearby Champion Forest. She graduated from KHS in 1993. Since 2009, she has resided in MNW’s Section Three, with her husband, Pete, and two young children. Michelle believes that giving back to the local community is of highest importance and is proud to call Klein, Texas, home
My name is Erin Berger and I would love to be considered for the position of Secretary for the Memorial Northwest HOA. My husband and I moved to the area a little over three years ago. Professionally, I have over 10 years of experience in Project Management and Information Technology. I received my Bachelor’s degree in psychology in 2009 from Sam Houston State University, and I am thrilled to be able to say just turned in my thesis for my Master’s degree in International Relations from Norwich University in Vermont, and formal graduation will occur next June. Personally, we welcomed our first daughter earlier this year and I have taken a step back from my professional life to focus more on family and personal growth.
Jamie DeLoatche (incumbent)
Jamie and his wife, Susan, have lived in Memorial Northwest since 2012. They have a long history of service to the Memorial Northwest community. Susan has served on the Theiss PTO Board, including two years as President, as well as the MNW Marlins swim team board. Jamie has volunteered on the MNW Marlins board, including one year as President. He is currently serving his second term as Treasurer of the MNW Homeowner’s Association. They have three children: Kristen, Brooke and Jack. Jamie has spent the past 22 years as a commercial airline pilot. He is currently a Captain on the Boeing 757/767. Jamie holds a Bachelor of Aeronautical Science from Entry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Area 1 Director
Art Byram (incumbent)
Moved into MNW January 1978
On the home owners bd. 1980-1984
Member of MNW Swim & Racket Club now MNW Civic center from January 1987
- Masonic Lodge Freemasonry from 1973
- Scottish Rite of Freemasonry 32 Degree from 1973
- Ancient Accepted Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine from 1973
- Clowning with the Shrine Galveston Burn Hospital –Shrine Orthopedic Hospital, Texas Children’s Hospital, Herman Children Hospital, & M. D. Anderson Hospital
- Sons of the American Revolution
Previously employed at Kellogg Brown & Root as a Senior Project estimator, the World Wide Estimating Trainer, and represented KBR on the Estimating Steering Committee.
Civic Volunteer Originations
- PTSD Foundation of America (Camp Hope)
- North Harris County College
- American Heart Association
- North West Assistance Ministries (NAM)
- Official Clown for the Cancer League of Houston
Area 3 Director
Gerome D’Anna (incumbent)
Gerome is a native to the Houston area; he grew up in the Oak Forest area and graduated from St. Thomas High School in 1984. He went on to study at Texas A&M University – Galveston where he graduated in 1992 with a Bachelor’s degree in Maritime Administration. After working in the maritime industry for 17 years, he founded his own company in 2009: Coastwide Marine Services. After marrying Danette D’Anna (Malek) the couple moved to Memorial Northwest in 1994. There, they raised five children: Eric, Megan, Kristen, Gabrielle, and Trey. As a family, the D’Annas have been active members of the MNW swim team for 17+ years. Gerome has served many volunteer roles on the swim team, but he is most famously known for his abilities to round children up as the “ready bench dad”. He has also served on the Memorial Northwest HOA board as Area 3 Director for 2 ½ years.
Area 5 Director
Bryan Thomas (incumbent)
Bryan completed his Bachelor of Science in Construction Science from Texas A&M in 1977. He and his wife, Jane, and their three boys moved into Memorial Northwest in 1994. Bryan has served as the Area 5 Director on the board, and Chairman of the Community Center Maintenance Committee for many years. Bryan is a Senior Account Executive for Delta T Equipment and has been awarded numerous accolades for excellence in construction, project management, contract review, estimating and commissioning. He is a member of ASPE and served on the PHCC Board of Directors from 2008-2011. His certifications include: CPD – Certified in Plumbing Design, HVAC Class A License, and State of Texas Licensed Master Plumber.
I went to high school and college in Louisiana. I have lived in Maryland and Virginia as well, but I haved lived in Texas now for over 23 years and love it! I am an avid volunteer and believe strongly in giving back to my community. I have been a volunteer in the Texas public school system for 22 years straight and have served in many capacities and held various leadership positions. I have been a part of sandwich makers for 17 years now. Once a month preparing bagged lunches for those in need. I volunteer when possible at friends for life in the heights. A no kill animal shelter. I volunteer in my community in different ways throughout the year, depending on what is needed.
Specialized field of knowledge
Residential Real Estate Sales, Relocation and Investment Properties. Being a Mom to four children, pet owner and having moved numerous times, I understand the trials and emotions involved in a move. My goal is to find the best fit for clients in regards to schools, neighborhoods and amenities.
National Association of REALTORS® – NAR Texas Association of REALTORS® – TAR
Spending time with my Family, watching my boys play Baseball and the Astros playing ball as well, my daughter Cheering, talking with my oldest, who is an Attorney in a firm downtown, Antiques, Art, Photography, Wine and the Beach. Attending Church!
Area 7 Director
I have been a homeowner in Memorial Northwest since 2008. I am seeking election to the Area 7 Directors position because I can help making MNW a great place to live. I look forward to representing the homeowners in Area 7 and being their point of contact to the HOA Board.
In 2008, as a new homeowner, I met some of my neighbors but never really had the opportunity to get to understand what Memorial Northwest was really all about. Family, work and home projects consumed most of my time. Now time has gone by, priorities change, children grow up and our interests mature. A number of years ago I was approached to be a Lead on the Nextdoor social media app. From this volunteer position I gained a new understanding of this neighborhood, some of the dynamics at play, a slightly slanted view of issues in the neighborhood and a desire to get deeper involved with the local community and help foster change.
As a Information Technology Director for a small Oil and Gas contract compliance company with 30+ years of experience in Information Technology at places like Southwestern Bell, Xerox Corporation, Smith International, M-I SWACO, Schlumberger, supporting a number of departments with Galveston County and an owner of a web hosting and design firm there must be a place where I can invest my time and help. I was swept up into the Media Committee where I have taken a lead on the community website, social media direction, email notifications and other similar items. During this time as a committee volunteer, I have attended almost every board meeting for the past 3 years. Striving to understand the organization, what can and can’t be done, even started to understand some of the laws governing HOAs and more specifically what our HOA can and can’t do. I watched for and discovered places where I know I can help with my unique talents.
I have been involved in a number of volunteer organizations. I have been directly involved with two separate chamber of commerce organizations providing direct marketing support, event planning, and technical services. I was a volunteer on the board of the Tomball Regional Arts Council (now defunct) and I have been a leader in a club where we expanded the membership 100% and executed local and statewide event planning. I continue to provide services to a number of local and national organizations.
I am looking forward to being elected to the Area 7 Directors position on the Memorial Northwest Home Owners Association board and serving my neighbors.