- 50 Meter Swimming Pool
- Marlin Competitive Swim Team
- Diving Area
- Wading Pool for Children
- Swimming Lessons (All Levels)
- Scheduled Pool Activities
The pool generally opens on the weekends during May, every day except Monday during June, July, and August, and then weekends only again in September until school starts.
MNW POOL SCHEDULE
Swim team family socials
May 5,12,19 June 9
From 6-8 pm
Weekend only Noon to 8 pm
Monday May 29th (Memorial Day) 11 am – 8 pm
Full schedule June 3rd thru August 20th
We are CLOSED on Mondays
Weekdays Tuesday thru Friday 11 am – 8 pm
Weekends Saturday & Sunday 12 noon – 8 pm
Weekend only Noon to 8 pm
August 26,27 September 2,3
Monday September 4th (Labor Day) 11 am – 8 pm
Pool Area Usage Policy
- No one will be admitted without proper membership identification cards.
- Admission to the pool will be refused to anyone with skin abrasions, colds, coughs, infections or bandages.
- All children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older and stay within an arm’s reach. Any child between the ages of ten (10) and twelve (12) years of age may enter the pool area unaccompanied by an adult if said child has passed the swim test. (Swim Test: Swim the entire length of the pool without stopping & tread water in the deep end for 2 minutes using arms and legs). Infants and toddlers must be in the pool with a parent or guardian. Children still in diapers must wear commercial swim diapers while in the pool.
- Members who have guests must sign them in and be responsible for them at all times. If the member leaves, so does the guest
- Proper swimming attire is required. No jeans or cloth shorts. White T-Shirts only while in the pool.
- The use of cocoa butter, baby oil, and other heavy suntan oils cause filter damage. It is required that you shower before entering the pool after using these items.
- Only small floating items will be allowed in the pool.
- Eating areas are provided. Please clean the area when you are finished.
- No eating, drinking, smoking or chewing gum in the pool.
- No glass containers or alcoholic beverages are allowed in the pool area.
- Absolutely no foul or abusive language will be permitted.
- No pets are permitted on pool premises.
- No loud music around the pool area.
- No swimming after designated swimming hours, unless special arrangements have been made through the Community Center Manager. Anyone caught swimming after hours will be suspended for the remainder of the summer and may have trespassing charges filed against him or her.
- All swimmers must dive straight out and not off to the side of the diving boards.
- Only one person allowed on diving board at a one time. No swimming is allowed in designated areas of the pool.
- No diving in shallow end of pool.
- The Memorial Northwest Community Center or pool management is not responsible for items lost or left in the pool area.
- No running or rough play (throwing each other, pushing, dunking, getting on another’s shoulders, splash fights, dog fights).
- Swimmers in the water have the right of way. Those entering the water from diving boards, the deck, or from water slides must make certain no one is in front of them.
- Stay off the ropes.
- Obey lifeguards and other supervisory personnel. Talking with lifeguards on duty is prohibited.
- Jumping off backwards or any way that throws the head back towards the side of the pool is prohibited. Flips from the side of the pool are not allowed.
- Be alert to anyone in trouble. Call for help immediately. Do not move or remove injured people from the water who complain of back or neck injuries.
- Lifeguards are employed to ensure the safety of the swimmers. They have authority to remove from the pool area anyone disobeying the rules or endangering the safety of himself or another person. The lifeguard has the authority to suspend offender for one day. Additional violations will be turned over to the pool committee. Repeat violations may result in revocation of swimming privileges for the remainder of the summer.
- ONE LONG WHISTLE BLAST MEANS TO CLEAR THE POOL!
- LIFEGUARDS HAVE THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY!
Persistent violation of these pool rules can result in suspension from pool use. Lifeguards have final authority on all matters of conduct.